This evening the Retro Adapter V2 site will be updated.
There are two major changes. I have abandoned the idea of using a DB25 in favour of a DB9, with a DB9-DB9 jumper box being used as the case. I managed to cram everything in to the space, with only one surface mount component (the microcontroller). The µproc has changed to an ATtiny861.
Due to the code being written in C, the code size has increased. I was originally using an ATtiny461 but ran out of code space.
An LED changes colour to show the current mode
I have tested all of the controllers that the original Retro Adapter supports. I have also added support for MegaDrive 6 button pads and Playstation 1/2 controllers in both digital and analogue modes. PSX arcade sticks and dance mats also work. I have some more controllers (PC-Engine, FM Towns, N64, Atari 2600 paddles, Saturn Analogue (NiGHTS) pad) ready to go and am looking for some others (X68000/MSX, Gamecube, Virtual Boy etc). I am particularly interested in getting a Playstation train controller and Saturn arcade/steering wheel controllers. I saw a train controller in Japan, but it was too large to bring back :(
For Dreamcast pads, I’m sure it’s possible but I really need a logic analyser to do it. There are also issues with the amount of code space it could take up.